Prof. Dr-Ing. Eric Koenig Prof.
Dr-Ing. Eric Koenig is with the faculty for Applied Mathematics, Physics, and Humanities at the Technische Hochschule Nürnberg. The courses he has lectured in Nürnberg include:
- “Technical and Business English”for electrical and energy process engineers·
- “Technical and Medical English”for medical engineers·
- “Business English”for business studies majors·
- “Conversational English”·
- “Presentations in English”·
- An elective on the society, history, and politics of the USA.
He received the Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from the University of Southern California. He completed the Master of Science in Electrical Engineering from the University of Dayton. His Ph.D. was awarded by the Technical University of Darmstadt. The title of his dissertation was “Design and fabrication of III-V HBTs for microwave power applications”.
Prior to receiving his doctorate, Prof. Dr.-Ing. Koenig worked and published for five years on the topic of discrete III-V semiconductor components. He then worked in development at Siemens AG, later Nokia Siemens Networks, first in the semiconductor division and subsequently in mobile communications.
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Koenig has been teaching business English and technical English in industry as well as at universities since 2005. Prior to the Technische Hochschule